Android for VS 2010 Troubleshooting
This page targets developers who work with Android Programming in Visual Studio 2010
|Android For Visual Basic 2010 - Troubleshooting|
- Solution (1)“A folder failed to be moved on Windows this typically means that a program is using that folder.”
- Close the SDK Manager after the error and open the (C:\Users\Computer_Name\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\temp) folder.
- There should be a zip file named tools_R24.zip or similar depending on the last version update available (If you did not find it there, then download Revision 24.3 for windows manually from here, or simply use this custom download link ( https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/tools_rXXX-windows.zip) and replace (XXX) with revision number you desire.
- After download is complete, unzip that in any folder you like.
- Open (C:\Users\Computer_Name\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\tools) folder
- Copy all the unzipped files from within the downloaded folder into (android-sdk\tools) folder
- Overwrite files and folders if prompted.
- Restart you SDK-Manager.
- Solution (2)“Command did not execute successfully due to an unexpected exception. Please check the output window for additional information”
- The same as Solution #1
- Restart your Visual Studio 2010 and SDK-Manager as well.
|Android error in VB 2010|
- Solution (3)“Please select a valid device before running the application”
- First, don't worry, that happens all the time.
- You can solve this issue by :
- Restart Visual Studio 2010, Start your Android application
- Start AVD from VB 2010, from its toolbar and then start any Emulator separately, Wait until the Emulator loads the Home Screen, Restart your application
- Set your android settings in VB 2010 to the lowest, start your application
- Update the SDK-Manager tools, restart your application
|No CPU/ABI system image available for this target|
- Solution (4)“No CPU/ABI system image available for this target. ”
- Open your SDK-Manager
- Make sure you download and install the corresponding System Image
- For example, if you want to work on Emulator that supports Android 5.0.1 Lollipop, then you should look for System Image download in this section in SDK-Manager in VB 2010.
|Adding new Emulators to VB 2010 for Android Developing|
- Restart your AVD in VB 2010.
♥ More Android articles :
- Android Game : Cryptic Kingdom HD Cheats 1
- Android Game : Cryptic Kingdom HD Cheats 2
- Android Game : Cryptic Kingdom HD Cheats 3
- Android Game : Cryptic Kingdom HD Cheats 4
- Android Game : Cryptic Kingdom HD Cheats 5
- Android Game : Cryptic Kingdom HD Cheats 6
- Android Development : @String resource
- Android Application FxGuru unlock, free